What is the best TCM School or Acupuncture School: Financial Considerations
Updated: Apr 22, 2021
John & Jenny Traditional Chinese Medicine College (JJTCMC), a private TCM and Acupuncture college located in Markham, Ontario, Canada, provides the following as a guide to what makes the best Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Acupuncture school, college, or program. If you find yourself navigating a sea of dizzying options, it is our hope that what follows provides you with your direction.
In this series we will discuss in detail those considerations from which one may select their own list of criteria to judge a school, college, or program in Traditional Chinese Medicine or Acupuncture. Today's topic for discussion are financial considerations in selecting the best TCM or Acupuncture school or program.
• Tuition: How much will my TCM or Acupuncture program cost me?
• Payment Schedule: Is the payment schedule for tuition fees flexible enough to be personally feasible?
• Additional Costs: Are there any hidden or additional costs that I should be made aware of for a fair comparison? For example: textbooks, student clinic internship fees, required student supplies, practica fees, licensing examination preparatory courses.
• Scholarships: Does the school provide scholarships to students? How many students receive the scholarship? Do I have a reasonable chance of being selected for this scholarship such that it reduces my tuition?
• Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) Eligibility: Firstly, determine whether you may be eligible for OSAP. If so, confirm whether the programs being considered are eligible for OSAP. Next, use the OSAP calculator tool to estimate how much you would be eligible to receive in loans and grants were you to study a given program. Finally, if cost of education is a heavily weighted factor in your selection process, it is imperative that you model the overall cost to you of OSAP approved programs vs non-OSAP approved programs as it is possible that, despite the grants received from OSAP, your cost could be less in a program that has yet to be approved by OSAP. It is important to note that being OSAP approved itself does not signify prestige nor superior quality as it may be that some academic institutions have simply not yet applied for OSAP approval.
CONTINUE READING THIS SERIES
Financial Considerations - You are here
We provide authentic clinic-oriented and affordable top quality Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Acupuncture diploma programs, certificates, courses, and CEUs for all skill levels including but not limited to R.ACs, R.TCMPs, RMTs, PTs, D.Cs and the public.
To provide the highest level of authentic Traditional Chinese Medicine instruction in order to produce quality Traditional Chinese Medicine professionals and thereby, by virtue of producing efficacious Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners, promoting Traditional Chinese Medicine use to the general public. In short, our objective is to make quality Traditional Chinese Medicine professionals accessible to all and we start by ensuring access to quality Traditional Chinese Medicine education is affordable and flexible.