By completing acupuncture courses in Toronto, you have the opportunity to join an elite group of professionals who treat people dealing with health-related problems or those looking for natural methods of improving their overall quality of life.
Top Course Choices
Keep in mind that the type of courses offered will vary according to the school, but for the sake of example, some of the more popular acupuncture courses in Toronto have been provided below.
- TCM Theory and Diagnostics I – This is one of the more popular acupuncture courses in Toronto, which focuses on both theory and diagnostics of Traditional Chinese Medicine, otherwise referred to as “TCM.” With this course, you will become familiar with fundamental theories, learn about various diagnostic methods, and begin to differentiate between different disease syndromes. For level II, III, and IV, courses become more advanced and complex.
- Case Studies – Many acupuncture courses in Toronto also cover case studies to help you gain insight into practical applications. As part of these courses, you will start to use tools for evaluating other students, learn to interpret and treat health-related conditions, devise and develop treatment plans, and work with more complicated cases.
- Nei Ke, Wai Ke, Fu Ke, and Er Ke – Each of these represents a specialized area of care for acupuncture, including internal medicine, external medicine, gynecology, and pediatrics, respectively. In each instance, acupuncture courses focus on diagnosis and treatment.
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion – These acupuncture courses cover the Jing Luo theory in depth, which includes classifications of different master channels, extraordinary channels, connecting channels, divergent channels, and superficial collaterals.
- Cosmetic Acupuncture – In addition to acupuncture courses covering physical and mental health, you can take a course in cosmetic acupuncture. This form of traditional Chinese medicine works great as a noninvasive treatment for preventing and reducing fine lines, improving muscle elasticity, evening out complexion, and rejuvenating the skin. Because there are so many possibilities, if you are interested in working as a licensed acupuncturist, it is essential to complete education from a well-respected educational institute. In Toronto, one of the best is the John & Jenny Traditional Chinese Medicine College, which offers exceptional programs to ensure your career success.