If you have a desire to help people, are interested in alternative medicine, and want a career that is rewarding and secure, consider completing a Chinese medicine program. The combination of Chinese medicine classes and hands-on training is the best option for achieving your goal. Although Traditional Chinese Medicine programs vary to some degree, all follow the same ideology. To determine if working as an acupuncturist or herbalist is the right career for you, start with this overview of what a Traditional Chinese Medicine school offers.
The Foundation of Traditional Chinese Medicine
By attending a college of Traditional Chinese Medicine, you will learn about the history and theory of this form of medicine. For instance, you will discover that Traditional Chinese Medicine is an Eastern healing system that dates back more than 2,500 years. It was developed in China and involves different therapies designed to strengthen the body’s defense system. Ultimately, this helps equip the body to fight off illness and maintain good health.
Typically, the top schools teach a variety treatments, including:
- Acupuncture and Acupressure – Acupuncture works to release tension and promote blood circulation. For this method of Traditional Chinese Medicine, an acupuncturist strategically places thin hot needles at acupuncture points and meridians on the body. Acupressure gets similar results using wristbands that apply pressure as opposed to needles.
- Cupping – Cupping consists placing cups filled with hot air on areas of the body that are producing pain. When the cups cool, they create suction with the skin that increases blood flow to those areas.
- Qigong – Practiced for over 5,000 years, this form of energetic movement enhances the flow of qi (pronounced “chee”) in the body. Qigong benefits both mind and body.
- Moxibustion – Someone who practices Traditional Chinese Medicine holds a burning moxa stick made of herbs over acupuncture points for stimulation and improved flow of qi.
- Tuina – This manipulative therapy, pronounced “Tway-Na,” is used to stimulate meridian movement and muscles, as well as open up blockages in the body.
- Herbs – Herbs are also a big part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, including those with antibacterial, antiviral, and immunomodulating properties.
By attending a reputable school, like the John and Jenny Traditional Chinese Medicine College, you will learn more about these topics, as well as others. To learn about our programs, call us to speak with someone or visit our website.
Regardless if you are interested in earning an acupuncture certification in Canada or getting a doctor’s degree, it is important to complete the best acupuncture courses in Toronto. It is essential that you attend a highly respected and trusted Traditional Chinese Medicine school in Toronto to accomplish your goal. Ultimately, you will gain a wealth of knowledge to help pave the way to a successful career.
As part of researching several different colleges, you will find it easier to choose the right Traditional Chinese Medicine school in Toronto based on your goals and expectations. During this exercise, you will begin to understand the incredible advantages that come from attending a well-respected acupuncture college. Following are some of the advantages that you will enjoy.
- Supporting Your Values – If you maintain high values in your life, working as an acupuncturist allows you to help people on many levels: physical, emotional, and mental. Not only is this a career that matches your values, it is also self-rewarding, meaning that you find the work incredibly rewarding on a personal level.
- Career Advancement – Even if you start with acupuncture certification in Canada, you can continue learning through more advanced programs, each advancing your career. For example, if you choose a college that offers post-graduate degree programs, you can keep moving forward until you reach the top. The more education you have, the more you can advance in your career.
- Life-Changing Experience – Going to school to become an acupuncturist is a life-changing experience. You will find that you are more compassionate, patient, and eager to pitch in whenever needed. In fact, you will develop better communication skills. Graduating from a top acupuncturist program will change you for the better.
- Bigger Professional Network – As you progress with your education at a Traditional Chinese Medicine college, your network of professionals expands. Before long, you will find yourself surrounded by like-minded people, including occupational and massage therapists, nurses, doctors, yoga instructors, social workers, business executives, teachers, writers, military personnel, and more. All of these people share one thing in common with you, which is a desire and need to serve.
Although many acupuncture schools exist for individuals in the Greater Toronto Area, the John and Jenny Traditional Chinese Medicine College stands out. We offer years of experience, exceptional knowledge, and a host of programs to fit your needs. You can visit our website to learn more or call us.