Just as you would do if selecting any other type of college, you want to avoid making some common mistakes pertaining to a Chinese medicine college. After all, not all colleges that offer Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) courses are the same. With the information provided, you will know exactly what to do in identifying the best college for Traditional Chinese Medicine in Toronto.
- No Accreditation – Regardless of how good a TCM college appears or how impressed you are, unless it has proper accreditation, stay away. With accreditation, a college is required to go through a validation process. This involves the college going before a peer review board whereby members evaluate its standards. Simply put, always choose an accredited college for traditional Chinese Medicine in Toronto.
- Wrong Area of Interest – Initially, you may be focused on learning one particular method of TCM, only to decide at some point that you want to expand your options through more extensive education. For example, after starting school, you may determine that acupuncture is your area of interest. However, unless the college that you chose offers the appropriate courses for this, you may have no choice but to start your search over to find the top acupuncture schools.
- Poor Curriculum – When attending a TCM college, take time to review the way in which the curriculum is presented. Usually, textbooks are written in English, thereby helping you with Chinese medicine college reading. However, some Chinese medicine schools use books written in Chinese or broken English. For you to be the best acupuncturist or practitioner possible, you obviously have to understand the curriculum.
- Limited Courses – Remember, traditional Chinese medicine is comprised of many methods, including acupuncture, herbal medicine, Qi Gong, and so on. Therefore, when selecting the best school, make sure it covers all of the necessary courses for the type of certification or degree that you want.
- Not Complying with US Regulations – Today, strict regulations are in place in five Canadian provinces, as well as all but six states in the US. For anyone who wants to professionally practice TCM, avoid colleges that do not meet all of the mandated government regulations.
By using the information provided, you will have no problem selecting the right college for traditional Chinese medicine in Toronto. The John & Jenny Traditional Chinese Medicine College is an exceptional choice. You can choose from five unique programs to start your journey toward becoming a registered acupuncturist or licensed practitioner. Please visit our website to learn more or call us to speak to a college representative.