If after careful consideration you have decided to become an acupuncturist, the first step consists of researching several acupuncture schools in Toronto to find the one that best suits your needs and career goals. After choosing the top acupuncture college, you then have the opportunity to study several forms of Traditional Chinese Medicine and then go to work in the environment that you want.
To find the right Traditional Chinese Medicine School in Toronto, you need to consider several things:
- Years of Attendance – Acupuncture colleges have different courses that require a specific amount of time to complete. Therefore, you should find a college that has several options, allowing you to choose what works best with your schedule, even if it changes in the future. The best recommendation is to find a college that has a 2- to 4-year and a 3- to 5-year course.
- Study Areas – It is also important that you identify a college that offers the areas of study in which you are most interested. For instance, if you want to bring relief to people who suffer from chronic back pain, autoimmune disorders, hypertension, and so on, then you want a school that focuses on traditional acupuncture. However, if your goal is to help reduce the appearance of aging in your patients, then look for an educational institution that offers cosmetic acupuncture.
- Experience and Expertise – Of course, any school worth consideration must have experience in teaching Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as expertise in each subject matter. Only then can you learn from the best and become the best.
- Proper Teaching Methods – When learning to become an acupuncturist, book studies are necessary, but you also want to attend a school that takes a hands-on approach. In other words, you get the opportunity to practice with hands-on sessions that will ultimately enhance your overall skill level.
- Full Establishment – It is also important that you choose an acupuncture college that has full establishment of College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists (CTCMPAO), which shows it adheres to the highest standards.
Regardless if you want to attend acupuncture school for the first time or to brush up on your current skills, we offer the ideal class. At the John and Jenny Traditional Chinese Medicine College, our professional and dedicated faculty takes great pride in excelling in each of the areas of criteria mentioned. Please visit our website to learn more or contact us today.