Even if trusted sources offer recommendations for great acupuncture schools, it is always best to conduct your own research. That way, you can focus on the criteria that you consider the most important on your journey to become an acupuncturist.
By doing your own research, you will have no problem identifying the one school that best fits your needs. Regardless of the acupuncture school in Ontario that you research, the seven steps provided will make the process easier.
Helpful Steps for Finding the Right Acupuncture School
- Accreditation – Although Canada has no national system of institutional accreditation like you would find in the U.S., colleges and universities are still required to meet high standards from an accrediting agency for a particular profession. This benefits you in two ways. First, you will get the best education possible, and second, it will be easier to get a job after completing the program.
- Application and Registration – You may not think that the application and registration process is a big deal until the time comes to go through it. To eliminate stress, consider schools that streamline this process.
- Acupuncture Program – Confirm that any of the acupuncture schools in Ontario of interest offer the right program, whether cosmetic acupuncture, scalp acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and so on. In addition, verify that the schools offer programs of different lengths, such as two- to four-year programs and three- to five-year programs. That makes it easy to select a program around your schedule and learning pace.
- Tuition – While the cost of earning a degree or acupuncture certification in Canada may not be the most critical factor to you, it is certainly important. Compare the cost of tuition between several top schools, as well as any available financial assistance.
- Additional Studies – Consider schools that offer secondary programs of interest. Completing additional studies to become a credentialed herbalist or food therapist expands your career opportunities.
- Education and Training – Along with conventional curriculum, consider an acupuncture school that provides hands-on training. That will boost your resume and your confidence when working with patients.
- Instructor Accessibility – You want an instructor who is accessible, someone who is patient and available to answer questions or go through problems whenever you need help.
John & Jenny is the best Traditional Chinese Medicine school in Toronto. Our entire staff is 100 percent dedicated to your education in acupuncture so that you can enjoy a successful career as a certified or licensed professional. To get started, please contact us.